ZOOM SDK- Create a new meeting

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering it is possible to create a new meeting through Zoom SDK Windows?
We are running this on VS 2019, currently we are able to authenticate a user through Zoom SDK email login, our next steps we were hoping would be to create a meeting via the SDK and then enter the meeting. I see from other posts on the dev forum that this might not be able to be done?
We can’t leverage on using the Zoom API create meeting as we are already using this for another system that will use close to the 100 rate limit of requests per day.
Is there anyway we can use the Zoom SDK to create meetings? Or even increase the limit of the Zoom API for create meetings?

Thanks!

Lauren

Hey @lauren.olphert,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

You can create new meetings using the scheduleMeeting methods inside of the IPreMeetingService interface. IPreMeetingService

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Condon

Thanks for this ! I was under the impression we had to make them through the API… Do you know if this is limited to so many requests a day?

Thanks,
Lauren

Hey @lauren.olphert,

We do encourage using the API for this as it is more stable than the interface in the SDK. If it is possible to do use the API route, I would do that instead.

It will be very similar to the API rate limit, however it will deny creating many meetings in a very short period of time to prevent server issues.

Let me discuss with the team if a rate limit increase is possible.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Thanks @Michael_Condon , I think we will go down the API route.
Don’t worry about getting a rate limit increase, we found out that this is per user not per account so I dont think we will reach this limit.
Thanks for all your help !!

Lauren

Hey @lauren.olphert,

I see, thank you for the reply!

Please let us know if anything else comes up.
Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon ,

I have been reading over this post from Zoom SDK Edit scheduled meeting get error SDKERR_WRONG_USEAGE

Is there any documentation for creating a meeting inside the SDK?
I want to create a meeting via SDK and have the meeting id automatically generated…
I’ve included some of the code.

public void CreateMeeting()
    {
        //Trace.WriteLine("Creating new meeting to join");
        //ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetPreMeetingServiceWrap().CreateScheduleMeetingItem();
        Trace.WriteLine("Create new meeting....");

var meetingId = ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetPreMeetingServiceWrap().CreateScheduleMeetingItem();
        Trace.WriteLine(meetingId);
        //ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.IScheduleMeetingItemDotNetWrap scheduleMeeting = ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetPreMeetingServiceWrap().CreateEditMeetingItem(meetingUniqueID);
        ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetPreMeetingServiceWrap().Add_CB_onScheduleOrEditMeeting(onScheduleReturn);
    }

private void onScheduleReturn(PreMeetingAPIResult result, ulong meetingUniqueId)
    {
        Trace.WriteLine(result);
        Trace.WriteLine(meetingUniqueId);
    }

Hi @lauren.olphert,

Apologies for the lapse in documentation as we work towards improving our SDK docs. To join or start a meeting through the Windows SDK, you can use the IMeetingService interface.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom,

Its actually the create meeting service I am looking for, not joining or starting a meeting.

Thanks!

Hey @lauren.olphert,

Unfortunately we do not have much documentation on this feature at the moment. However, if CreateScheduleMeetingItem succeeds, it should generate a meeting number automatically. This number can be obtained through the GetUniqueMeetingID method in IMeetingItemInfo. Are you receiving a wrong usage error somewhere?

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.