I need some helps on creating a lot of 1-to-1 meeting

Hi all

I am currently working on a project and evaluating Zoom as our Video meeting solution.

Here are our objectives:

• We need to create a lot of 1-to-1 (sometimes 1 to many) meetings
  • Web only, no Zoom client installed, but we can use Zoom Client SDK default layout/design.
  • Our staff can click on a button to start a meeting and wait for someone to come
  • Our customer may come to our website and click a button to start talking to our staff online using video/text via Zoom

At present, I am quite lost on the documentation and not so sure where to start, as it seems to me that there are a lot of things that need to involve Zoom Client SDK.

Can anyone please tell me:

• A direction on how to approach this problem?
  • If I am just using free plan, and limit to 100 requests on creating a Zoom meeting, can I still create a lot of 1-to-1 meeting via Zoom?

Thank you very much in advance for all your help

One way to go would be:

1. User fires request to your backend
  2. Your backend processes this request and uses Zoom’s HTTP Api to create a meeting (JWT Authentication)
  3. Response will contain all the information you need (f.e. Meeting ID & Password)
  4. Backend sends information to frontend
  5. Use Zoom’s WebSDK to join this meeting as a host to simultaneously start the meeting
  6. Use same method and data (using role 0 though) for others to join this meeting

I am not 100% sure about the 100 requests, but I assume there’s a hard cap, which means you wouldn’t be able to create another meeting under this user (use another user under your account instead). On the 101st request to create, update, or delete a meeting within 24 hours, a 429 rate limit error would be returned.

2 Likes

Hey @alucard001 ,

If you are hitting the meeting cap, you can create multiple Zoom users under your account so you can have multiple hosts, and have more flexibility hosting your meetings.

@timfuhrmann suggestion is also a good solution! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Thank you Tommy and I am thinking about doing the same thing also.

The only thing that stop me from doing it is that it seems kind of “cheating”. :smiley:

But anyway, thank you. We are actively developing some solutions on Zoom using your SDK for now. May need your team support later on.

Thank you again.

Hey @alucard001,

I’m happy to hear that @tommy answered your question! Feel free to reach out if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.