Zoom URL takes students to wrong meeting

Students using Chromebooks and accessing Zoom links through Canvas, when clicking on a Zoom link for a particular teacher for period 6, it takes them to period 8 meeting instead. Verified the URL is accurate and when I, or other students click on the link we go to the right meeting, but two students go to the wrong meeting.

1 Like

Hi @nburke,

Sorry to hear about the trouble here—can you please send these details to our Technical Support team? You can reach out to them directly here, and they should be able to take a closer look as they’re the experts in this area.

Thanks,
Will

I am having the same issue. Three of my students from different classes are having the same problem. When they click on the meeting link, it directs them to a different meeting. I emailed the correct link to the students in question and that link still took them to the incorrect meeting. When I tested the link that was sent in the email, it brought me to the correct meeting.

1 Like

I have a student with the exact same issue. Any fixes?

My students are using Zoom through Microsoft TEAMs and are experiencing the same issue. They are clicking on the links I send out and it is taking them to a previously used Zoom link.

Hey @rebecca.lamarre, @tpham, @dordavis,

Can you please email as many details as possible, and the meeting URLs to developersupport@zoom.us? From there we can take a deeper look at the issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

Good morning!

This is my meeting url.

Dorothy Davis is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Morning Meeting

Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 821 9906 5522

Passcode: HCS

I send this link out through Zoom using Microsoft TEAMs. My students are using Chromebooks and are using Chrome as their internet browser. I had another student who was sent to the incorrect Zoom link today after copying and pasting the link into the internet browser.

Thank you,

Mrs. Davis

I’m having a nearly identical problem. One student in class is using the correct link, but is taken to an old meeting. I emailed the link directly to the student, and they’re taken again to the same old meeting. Upon testing the link myself, I’m taken to the correct meeting. May I follow this same advice, as well?

Hi @cscaife @dordavis,

Please send these examples and links to our Technical Support team so that they can take a closer look.

Thanks!
Will

I am having the same issue. My students click on my class link and it takes them to a completely different prescheduled meeting. This is happening more and more recently. Today it happened two times (that I know of). In one of the situations I instructed the student to close out of zoom on their chromebook and open to try again and it worked.

I have the same issues across multiple classes and meeting id’s. Students are on chromebooks. Have tried chromebook restarts and that still does not resolve the issue.

Hi @bdigiovanni @cf_faulknerj ,

Can you please send your examples and links to our Technical Support team? They’ll be best suited to assist with this.

Thanks!
Will

Not sure if anyone is still experiencing this issue.

I was able to get students to open the Zoom App first on the Chromebook and then click on the link to have it redirect to the correct meeting.

Possible issue with the Zoom App still caching a previous meeting?

Thanks for sharing this, @brandon.nothwang. If you happen to still be seeing this issue, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Technical Support team.

Best,
Will