Zoom video call UI screen not displaying after unlocking the device

Description
Zoom video call UI screen not displaying after unlocking the device

Which Client Android SDK version?
v5.4.3.613

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. User1: Android device with OS version 10 - Setup device lock by using a Password/Pattern/Pin at device level (Settings > Security > Screen lock)
  2. User1 : Lock the device
  3. User2 : Place a zoom video call to the User1(User1’s device is Android with version OS 10)
  4. User1: Answer the call after unlock the device by using device Password/Pattern/Pin
  5. User1: Zoom video call ui screen is not displaying, instead displaying a call in progress notification in the notification bar.

Note: Android 9 (Note 8) is unaffected by this issue. The Note 8 will open the video call screen as expected when using the steps above.

Smartphone:
Even without(Step#1) a device-level Password/Pattern/PIN configured, getting the same result.

This seems to only affect Stock Android devices that are running Android OS 10.

Affected Devices

• Pixel 1 (Android 10)
  • Pixel 3 (Android 10)

UNaffected Devices

• Pixel 3a (Android 11)
  • Samsung Note 10 (Android 10)
  • Samsung Note 8 (Android 9)
  • Pixel 3 (Android 9)

Thanks!

Hi @venkateswara.ponugot, thanks for the post.

Based on your description, it seems possible that a crash is occurring when trying to join the meeting. Can you please check whether or not a crash stack trace appears in logcat when this issue is present and let me know?

Thanks!

The crash is not happening because I am able to see the call in progress notification in the notification bar and when I tapped on that notification zoom video call UI is displayed.

Thanks

Hi @venkateswara.ponugot,

Are you able to reproduce this behavior in our sample app?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.