Zoom web sdk 1.8.6 screensharing has black screen

Description
zoom web sdk 1.8.6 screensharing has sometimes black screen. See screenshot.

Error
There is no error message.

Which Web Client SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. A opens websdk in a browser on linux machine
  2. B screenshares on normal desktop zoom client on osx machine
  3. A sees B’s screen, but sometimes it will get blank video.

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: chrome 89

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @tailinchu,

Please could you try upgrading to the latest version of the Web SDK? I see that you’re using an older version (1.8.6) currently and there have been multiple bugfixes implemented after this version.

Thanks,
Alex

2 Likes

Hey @tailinchu ,

Please let us know if you continue to see this issue on Web SDK version 1.9.1 :slight_smile:

We have made many improvements, including black screen bugs. https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy @alexmayo thanks! I try to go back and see if the changelog (1.9.0 and 1.9.1) mentions this bug, but I don’t actually see this is one of the fixes.

There are some downsides to upgrading to 1.9.1 since we cannot disable speaker view. how confident are we that upgrading will fix this issue?

Thanks!

Hey @tailinchu,

Each update includes a variety of improvements that we aren’t able to include in the changelog. Likewise, it’s important to test with the latest version to ensure the issue has not already been resolved and so that we can easily demonstrate the issue to our engineering team.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.