Zoom webinar custom questions implementation with pardot

Description/Error

I am working on pardot form integration with zoom:

Added two custom fields in my webinar mentioned below:

1. Referrer
  2. Traffic Channel

It is working fine if I remove those two fields. I think this is due to the mapping with the field name in pardot. Can you please help me to map these two custom fields in pardot from handler so I can send the complete details to pardot form handler.

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/webinars/webinarId/registrants

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
How to link custom Traffic channel field and referrer field to pardot form handler.

Hi @vikash.s,

Are you using the Pardot Application within the Zoom Marketplace? If yes, then the documentation that you are referring to is for our Legacy Pardot Integration.

Currently, the Pardot Marketplace App does not support the addition of custom fields to the Pardot form handler, but the legacy app does. We are currently in process to develop this feature for our Pardot Marketplace App, and once this feature is available, we will deprecate the legacy pardot app. Although I do not have an estimated timeline of when this feature would be available, I will update this thread once the features are available.

If you are already using the legacy pardot app, I would request you to reach out to our support team at support@zoom.us . Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Ojus

Edit: For your reference, the ID for this Feature within our system is: ZOOM-101875

1 Like

Hi @ojus.zoom

Yes we are using the marketplace app. Is there any methods by which we can send the traffic channel and Referrer to the pardot prospects from zoom?

Please do let me know.

Thanks

Also, Can you please let us know what is legacy app and can we use it?

How we can use legacy app?

Thanks

Hi @vikash.s

You would need to use the Legacy App for Pardot. To configure the Pardot Integration, you would need to schedule the webinar first. Once the webinar is scheduled, go to the webinar, and then scroll down to select the integration pane, as shown in the screenshot.

You can then configure the Pardot application using the steps mentioned here: Using Zoom Webinars for Pardot - Zoom Support

If you have any questions regarding the Legacy Pardot app, you can reach out to support@zoom.us

Thanks,
Ojus

1 Like

Upvoting for feature ZOOM-101875, mapping custom registration fields from the new Pardot App.

1 Like

Thanks for your interest in this feature Kevin!

Although it may have already been released, see the docs here.

-Tommy

Hi Tommy, I have a question for the released docs.

It seems mapping custom fields is only available for fields written in English.
Is there any way to map them in other language such as Japanese?

Hey @tominaga_ke, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

I will find out for you! (ZOOM-148644)

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @tominaga_ke,

After talking with the engineer who built the integration, the custom field label could be Japanese, but the custom field name should be English.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for dealing with my question!
Is there any way to configure custom field name?

1 Like

Hey @tominaga_ke, happy to help! :slight_smile:

Have you tried this:

To configure these fields in Zoom, navigate to the Pardot configuration page and click custom field mappings. Here you can chose where registration questions will map to in Pardot. To ensure that the above fields are passed to your prospects in Pardot, navigate to the Admin tab > Configure Fields > Prospect Fields . For each field that is desired, click Add Custom Field . Enter the desired name and enter the desired field name from above for Custom Field ID . For any Zoom Custom Questions used, please follow the instructions below in the section Synchronize Custom Questions to Pardot

Docs.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy, can you confirm that we are not able to use the default Pardot field for mapping? e.g. email, firstname, etc. That is, We will need to duplicate default fields as custom fields just to use the Zoom+Pardot integration App. This feels redundant and the data will need to be sync. Do you know if the app developer plans to include the default field in the future or is this not possible? Do you suggest using the form handler if we want to avoid creating more custom fields as per doc here

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you in advance. Cheers, Mel.

1 Like

Hey @melisa.ciputra,

Have you seen the pardot app docs here: https://zoomappdocs.docs.stoplight.io/pardot ?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy and Melisa!

Thank you for dealing with this!
And sorry about my bad explanation below:

Is there any way to configure custom field name?

Ive already tried the docs you taught me before. My question is how the Japanese custom question should be in Pardot Custom Field ID.

I can get that Question can be in Japanese, but how could Pardot External Field be?

Sorry that Ive been keeping you so long about this, but I wanna know cuz it’s really useful if we could make it! @tommy

HI @tommy, thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have seen https://zoomappdocs.docs.stoplight.io/pardot and I am able to connect the zoom field to Pardot’s Custom Field.. However, what we wish is to connect zoom field to Pardot’s Default field. because the email, first_name, etc are set as default field in Pardot. Can you please ask the app developer if this is possible?

Thank you for looking into this again.

1 Like

Hey @melisa.ciputra, @tominaga_ke,

I have reached out to the team who built this and will get back to you once I have an answer.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @tominaga_ke,

The custom question doesn’t support Japanese now. it’s a limitation. We automate translate custom question to Pardot custom field, if the question is in Japanese, the pardot custom field would be Japanese also, which is not allowed in Pardot.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy. Do you have a reply from the zoom developer regarding my question about the “pardot default field”? Is this also a limitation? Thank you in advance.

Hey @melisa.ciputra,

Just asked him! I will get back to you asap.

Thanks,
Tommy