Zoom WebSdk Service outage

Description
Error joining meeting using WebSDK

Error
WebSocket connection to ‘wss://zoomap3623554rwg.cloud.zoom.us/wc/api/’ failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Which Client Web SDK version?

Screenshots

Hey @sandeep.tendulkar ,

Are you still having this issue?

If so, can you please provide steps to reproduce it?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy
Now the problem has resolved. However from indian customer points of view, zoom websdk was effectively down for more than 12-18 hours. And zoom status page was not reflecting the same.
Hope if such problems occurs in future, zoom status page would correctly update status so that we can update our customers about the root cause.

Hey @sandeep.tendulkar ,

I am happy to hear the problem is resolved, however we do apologies for the issues you saw.

I will check with our Web SDK team to see why this issue occurred and how we can prevent it in the future.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy ,
We have started getting similar issue again.

WebSocket connection to ‘wss://zoomff181596712rwg.cloud.zoom.us/wc/media/93294656196?type=a&cid=38493F68-55B5-DB2D-D2FC-A1331516F09E&mode=2’ failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Hey @sandeep.tendulkar,

Thank you for the update, I’m sorry to hear that you’re encountering this issue again. We are working to provide an update soon that will ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can try adding another region to data_center_regions via the Update User Settings API:

Please note, we are in the process of updating this documentation so instead of using the “EU” data center, you will want to use either “DE” for Germany or “NL” for Netherlands.

I’ve also reached out to our engineering team to see if this is something they can address immediately. I’ll be sure to keep you updated as I have more information from them. (CS-3123)

Thanks,
Max

Hey @sandeep.tendulkar,

Thank you for your patience. Our engineering team got back to me and indicated that this was likely related to the outage that we had identified. Are you still seeing this issue? If so, we’ll investigate further from there but we expect it should be resolved now.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.