LTI Pro on Zoom display meeting from other course

Description
We installed the LTI Pro App via the Zoom Marketplace in our business account and then added a new credential to get the LTI URL, LTI Key and Secret.

In Moodle we then added (manually configured) an external tool with the URL, key and secret. After that, we created a new course added the newly created LTI tool activity.

We also assign each teacher as a host with licensed user, so they can create and delete meeting course freely. The problem is in some of our courses (with different teacher), student can see and join meeting room of different course which the student is not enrolled, this problem cause confusion and make student attend different meeting.

Error

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. teacher manage their course on moodle
  2. teacher create meeting room
  3. other teacher create meeting room in different course
  4. both meeting room present in each course

Hey @singgih,

Happy to help!

Can you help explain what you are doing differently here? Steps to reproduce this would be great! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Sorry @tommy for late reply,
what i am doing is i own an zoom business account with 10 licensed user for our teacher, and i integrated lti pro to our moodle with step from https://zoomappdocs.zoom.us/lti-pro-v2/guides/moodle

my problem is
we need meeting room for each course, and each course should only display meeting rooms for each course not other course

i will post new screenshot

as you can see from my screenshot there is 2 meeting room there
those 2 created by 2 different teacher from 2 different course, the meeting room with green box is the one created for that course, and others meeting room shouldn’t be displayed because that room is for the other course.

step to reproduce is simple

1. admin create course in moodle
  2. admin assign teacher for each course
  3. teacher import (only) topic and activities from course template
  4. teacher create activity for zoom plugin (https://zoomappdocs.zoom.us/lti-pro-v2/guides/moodle )
  5. the meeting room is created but its also displayed on other courses (screenshot)
  6. student confused and join meeting room for other course, because there is 2 meeting room displayed there

Thanks for the additional info @singgih!

Our engineering team is looking into this. (ZOOM-170842) I will get back to you if we need more info, or when we have an answer.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @singgih,

After speaking with engineering, you can add a new attribute in the tool settings:

Site administration -> Plugins -> Manage Tools -> Tool Settings(Find the LTI Pro integration) -> add a new attribute in Custom parameters: course_id_method_type=0

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you
problem solved

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hello @tommy I had the same issue and that custom param solved the problem but I’m curious about what that param do? is it documented somewhere?

Hey @azepeda,

Here is the documentation, it is under Step 5:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi there,

So, if I want students to join meetings in other courses I should use course_id_method_type=1? Is that right?

Hey @Filaretos,

Can you please share some more context? Have you tried the marked solution for this thread?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi, Tommy
I know that zoom LTI Pro doesn’t support feature of sharing a course meeting with other courses.

Starting from the topic of conversation that course_id_method_type=0 helps to isolate meetig. I made visa versa desidion about course_id_method_type=1 as a sharing method.

Best regards

Hey @Filaretos,

Gotcha, are you still needing assistance with this?

Thanks,
Tommy