2004 error Live Stream Video SDK

Greetings.
I need to implement live streaming in my app (currently Android only). We purchased the Zoom Video SDK license for the rtmp support.

I implemented the SDK successfull. I started a session and I joined the session from another device, all fine. However when I request the liveStreamHelper object and validate that I can run a live stream, the liveStreamHelper object responds with a 2004 Errors_Session_No_Rights code. The documentation indicates that I need permission to live stream:

I am following the steps in the documentation, but in my account there are no options. how can I get that permission?

I add my source code:

Mobile Video SDK version: zoom-instant-sdk-android-1.0.2

Smartphone : Motorola One Action - Android 10

I am following the documentation:

Nota: I have a ticket. But I need a prompt answer because it is an important part of the operation.

Hi @salazaralejandro767, thanks for using the dev forum.

We recently discovered that this is not configurable through the web portal and are working on updating our documentation to reflect that. Can you please provide the SDK logs from your app so that we may investigate why this is not working properly on your end? They should be available under sdcard/Android/data/${your.package.name}/logs

Thanks!

Thank you for your response. The forum does not allow me to send the logs, I sent URL for download it: zoom_logs - Google Drive

Hi @salazaralejandro767,

Sorry about that, I should have mentioned that the logs can be sent to developersupport@zoom.us, but the Google Drive link works as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for providing the logs! We will investigate and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

Greetings. I have new information.

The session host is not created when using joinSession. I see in the documentation the following:

Is there any way to define the host? userHelper.makeHost() does not work.

Hi @salazaralejandro767,

That makes sense. Only the host of a session is able to start live streaming. The host is assigned to the person who creates the session, which is going to be whomever the first person to join the session is. After the host role is assigned, only the host is capable of transferring it to other users via makeHost. Please let me know if this is not clear in our documentation so we can look into improving it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Thanks for your help. That is correct. I changed my code to validate that there is a host session there.

In the callback I print the following:

The print result is:
result_printn

These are the parameters of my session:

We can see that I am validating the live stream permission from the session host. I still have as response the code 2004 What am I missing to do?

I understand that it is not the host’s problem.

Hi @salazaralejandro767,

Thanks for confirming that you are the host of the session when you receive this error. We will investigate and get back to you.

Thanks!

Hi @salazaralejandro767,

We have determined that this is an issue with the back end. We are still investigating this and will let you know as soon as it is resolved.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @salazaralejandro767, I hope all is well.

I just wanted to provide an update regarding the live streaming issue. This should now be resolved on our back end. Please give this a try at your earliest convenience and let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

Thanks!

Hello, was this resolved? We seem to be getting 2004 as well.

Hey @CodyDigital,

This should’ve been resolved already. However, I have followed up on your other post. Can you confirm you are using version 1.1.1?

Thanks!
Michael

we figured this out after fully re-building with the new version.

That’s great to hear that it’s working on the latest version!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out in a new topic with any additional questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.