Two of our users reported an issue during a Zoom meeting through the web SDK.
- the host started the meeting through our application but got a black loading screen (zoom HTML element) during 5 minutes before being able to feel “in” the meeting.
- on the other end, the other participant could not connect to the meeting before that 5 minute elapsed time was finished.
Potential root cause
- enables only host type users to create a zoom meeting when they connect to our application.
- enables non host users to connect to a zoom meeting only if it exists and have already been started by a host user.
- is connected to Zoom through webhooks (to receive notifications) and by using Zoom API to verify meeting status on Zoom side before any join through the Web SDK.
After investigation (Real user monitoring + logs on our side) we found that:
- on the host side, the web SDK could be initialized correctly and join the zoom meeting instance (after being created through the API). So this is not a connection issue, but probably initialization one on Zoom (we need your help to investigate on your side)
- on the client side could not connect at all until this 5 minutes passed (so after the meeting status was updated to “started” on Zoom side, we have the logs of received webhook at that time). This is not a webhook issue (that we would not have received due to timeout for example) since Zoom API returned “waiting” as a status for that meeting when this participant requested to join it.
I will send you the zoom meeting ID by email so that you can investigate on it.
A delay of 5 minutes prevented participants to connect on the zoom meeting.
To Reproduce(If applicable)
Cannot reproduce it. Also there is no other similar issue reported from other users at that time, before that and since then.
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.
Device (please complete the following information):
- OS: non relevant information
- Browser:Latest version of Chrome