720p in sample app?

I am not able get 720p video in the sample app: GitHub - zoom/videosdk-web-sample: Zoom Video SDK web sample

The error I am seeing is:
video-footer.tsx:100 Cannot capture HD video due to either account restriction and/or hardware limitation

I created a developer account of type Video SDK Pay As You Go. What am I missing?

1 Like

Hi @kavanpuranik ,

What device are you using when you see this error, and (if applicable) what browser? Additionally, do you have SharedArrayBuffer enabled when trying to run the sample application?

Thanks,
Rehema

@rehema.zoom - Thanks for looking into the issue. I am getting the error on the latest version of Safari and Chrome on OS X (Sonoma 14.2.1).

Regarding SharedArrayBuffer, I verified it is enabled by following Meeting SDK - web - SharedArrayBuffer .

The sample app has the necessary config videosdk-web-sample/react-demo/config-overrides.js at master · zoom/videosdk-web-sample · GitHub , so according to the documentation (Meeting SDK - web - SharedArrayBuffer) , it should have worked.

hi @kavanpuranik ,

Thanks for the information. If possible, can you try the sample application with your credentials on a different browser/device and see if you still get the error? If this is not possible, please let me know and we will move forward accordingly.

Thanks,
Rehema

I tried on both Chrome and Safari on OS X. If those are not supported environments, then we need to know as we are currently evaluating vendors to migrate from Twilio.

Thanks,
Kavan.

Hi @kavanpuranik ,

These are both supported environments. I will check with the engineering team and see what else may be causing the issue and will direct message you with further information.

Thanks,
Rehema

I’m also unable to get send or receive 720p video.
We have enabled SharedArrayBuffer, but keep getting
Can not subscribe 720P video stream,will downgrade to 360P stream on the receiver side, and Cannot capture HD video due to either account restriction and/or hardware limitation on sender side

Tested on brave and chrome on mac.
sdk version: 1.10.5

I have exactly the same problem as described by @shi88.andy and @kavanpuranik

Hi @kavanpuranik, @shi88.andy, & @miguel2

The issue you all are having may have to do with the hardware you are using to run the sample application. Please respond with the type of device you are using, & run the function stream.isSupportHDVideo() to see if it supports HD Video, as well.

Thanks,
Rehema

I did print that out in the log, it keeps returning false
tested on
macbook air m1, and macbook pro m1
edit:
I don’t think it’s related to hardware
Just tested on my Lenovo Slim 7 [model: 82A2]
(Ryzen 7 4800u with Radeon Graphics) on Windows 11, also returning the same error and stream.isSupportHDVideo() returning false

edit 2:
tested on macbook pro 2017, i5: same result

stream.isSupportHDVideo() returns false here as well.

Using macOS Monterey and Google Chrome 120.0.6099.216, Intel Core i7-9700K, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB.

Tried on Firefox as well, and it also returns false.

@miguel2 @shi88.andy @kavanpuranik I’ll PM you separately to get the details of your video SDK account

1 Like

@chunsiong.zoom We are facing the same issue with not able to enable 720p using the web video SDK. We got the same error Cannot capture HD video due to either account restriction and/or hardware limitation and Can not subscribe 720P video stream,will downgrade to 360P stream in both the React sample app and in our custom React app.

We have enabled SharedArrayBuffer too and both typeof SharedArrayBuffer === 'function' and crossOriginIsolated returns true, but stream.isSupportHDVideo() returns false.

When joining a session, the following is logged to the console VP9?: true AMD?: false AMDdecodecheck: true isenbaleHD:true enable720p?: true capacityfor720: true.

Our app have ~8 participants joined the same session, but only 1 remote participant video will be rendered in each client, having an HD stream is priority for us.

Testing hardware:

• Intel Core i7-11700F / Intel Core i7-12700F
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 / 3080
  • 32GB Memory
  • Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 / Microsoft Azure Kinect
  • 1000Mbps network speed

Software:

• Windows 10 / 11
  • Google Chrome 120.0.6099.225 / Firefox 120.0.6099.225
  • Web Video SDK version: 1.10.5

@joe.siu I’ll PM for your account details

@chunsiong.zoom I am evaluating for twilio video migration and run into same issue.
if I run it locally I can see the video from the camera. Since it works locally, I am certain it is not a hardware issue in my case.

If I run the code deployed on a server, I am getting the same error reported by other users

video-footer.tsx:100 Cannot capture HD video due to either account restriction and/or hardware limitation

We have identified an issue where it might affect a subset of customer’s account’s ability to achieve 720p.

A fix will be rolled out, meanwhile if you are still encountering this issue, tag in me this thread and I’ll private message you for your account details to help you out.

@chunsiong.zoom I’m also getting the “Cannot capture HD video due to either account restriction and/or hardware limitation” error described in this thread. Can you let me know the details on the solution?

I’ll PM you @jfink for your account details