iOS Sample App Not Sending 720p

Description
I am looking for a way to send 720p video from an iPhone to a group zoom meeting. We compiled and installed the sample app in Objective-C, but still only got 640x480 from the iPhone. Another forum thread suggests there is no way to control this, but that the iOS SDK should automatically switch to 720 if the capability is there… but doesn’t mention what is required. Is there anything we can do to encourage the SDK to attempt 720p? Is the demo app capable of sending 720?

Which Mobile Client SDK version?
v5.2.42037.1112 (according to the commit in the sample app github)

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Compile and install sample ios app at GitHub - zoom/client-sdk-iOS-getting-started
  2. Join a meeting
  3. On a desktop machine, join the same meeting, and make the ios participant full screen.
  4. Check zoom receive statistics in the desktop app and see 640x480 resolution.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPhone 6s

Additional context
My organization has a business involving employees using iphones to broadcast live video to customers, and the 640x480 limit on mobile is limiting. We have Group HD enabled on our account through zoom support.

We learned from another thread that the iOS SDK supports 720p send under nebulous conditions (Enable HD Video), and we are looking for the simplest route to making that happen.

If anyone can at least just confirm that they have made an app with this SDK that really does support 720p send, that would be helpful. Information on how to make sure an app will use this capability is even better. Info on an app we can just download and use would be even better than that! :grin: We don’t really have any need for an app other than for better quality video.

Hey @psyferre,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

The SDK does indeed support 720p and will attempt 720p when it is enabled on your account and when it is possible. However, with the influx of Zoom users due to the pandemic, 720p is very limited at the moment.

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks for your reply, Michael!

We have been approved as a special use case, and have had Group HD turned on for our accounts. Does that not apply to mobile connections?

Hey @psyferre,

Let me follow up internally about this. Can you email me at DeveloperSupport@zoom.us and mention my name and this post so that I can take a deeper look?

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.