A "talking stick" feature for meetings

This is for developer-specific feature requests. For other requests please contact our customer support team.

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
I find it difficult to manage when people can and can’t speak during a large group meeting

Describe the solution you’d like
I would like a mode, that when you click it allocates the “talking stick” to one individual. While they have the stick they are the only one who is able to speak, and all other microphones are automatically switched off. People can request to have the stick, and then the moderator or the person speaking is allowed to pick the next person to speak.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
Only through communication and patience

Additional context
I think it would just be a really handy/fun feature

3 Likes

I totally agree.
I see this issue continually in all meetings.

1 Like

+1 for this great feature

I suggest a slightly different option than written earlier, “People can request to have the stick, and then the moderator or the person speaking is allowed to pick the next person to speak”.

I suggest that there would be a talking stick button on the screen. Everyone on the call goes to the “talking stick” mode, which gives up the individual control from everyone except the moderator, to mute or unmute. Then when one person clicks on the talking stick button, they are unmuted and all others, including the moderator, are muted. They speak, then click on the talking stick button again to “put it down.” Then any other person on the Zoom call can click on it to “pick it up.” Only the moderator should have the ability to click on the button to “take the stick” from someone else, which causes the speaker to be muted and the moderator to be unmuted.