Access webinars for internal users with admin account

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I know it’s possible to list all users under an account. However, if an internal user created a webinar, can the API register participants for the webinar under the admin’s account?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Is there an API sandbox or something similar that would allow me to test with the webinar API integration?

Hi @zToothinator,

Yes, as an admin I do believe you should be able to register participants to a webinar under your account. This would require JWT authorization:

And can be handled via this endpoint:

Let me know if this helps!
Will

What if the webinar isn’t under the admin account but a sub-account?

Here’s the scenarios:
User A - admin and owner
User B - admin
User C - member

User C creates a webinar (webinar ID 101) scheduled in the future

Can the API create a JWT token for User A and register a participant for User C’s webinar with ID 101? Can User B do it as well if using a JWT token for User B?

And for the second part of the initial question, is there an API sandbox or something similar that would allow me to test with the webinar API integration?

Hi @zToothinator,

If the webinar is under a sub account, the JWT credentials from the master account can be used to authenticate the request, as well as JWT credentials from the specific sub account.

While we don’t have a sandbox environment at this time, it’s something we hope to offer in the future.

Let me know if you still have questions about any of this.

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

It works thank you! Is there a way to get an event notification for when a webinar reaches capacity?

Or would I need to…
A. Use polling
B. Does the webinar registration created webhook fire when a user is registered through the Zoom online form AND via the API? I could then use that to check the meeting capacity

Hi @zToothinator,

Good question—while it’s a great suggestion, we don’t currently have a webhook for when a Webinar reaches capacity. However, you can keep track of who has registered and who has joined via these webhooks:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference/webinar-events/webinar-registration-created
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference/webinar-events/webinar-participant-joined

Regarding:

Does the webinar registration created webhook fire when a user is registered through the Zoom online form AND via the API? I could then use that to check the meeting capacity

Yes :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.