Account-level and User-managed apps

There are 5 types of apps from marketplace that I can choose to create.

• JWT
  • OAuth
  • Chatbot
  • SDK
  • Webhook Only

However, only OAuth app creation has the options of “Account-level app” and “User-managed app”. According to the detailed description of the difference between Account-level and User-managed apps

Question:

1. Is it possible for the end user to choose Account-level or User-managed when creating apps (listed above) other than OAuth app. It seems all of them are “Account-level” by default ?
  2. When I created an OAuth app as “Account-level”, is it possible to switch it to “User-managed” later?

Thanks a lot !

Hey @szhang,

Great questions! Your understanding so far is correct.

1. Is it possible for the end user to choose Account-level or User-managed when creating apps (listed above) other than OAuth app. It seems all of them are “Account-level” by default ?

That’s right—only our OAuth Apps offer a user level vs account level option. The rest of our app types (JWT, Chatbot, Webhook Only, etc.) are all account level.

1. When I created an OAuth app as “Account-level”, is it possible to switch it to “User-managed” later?

Unfortunately, no. If you wish to change to user level at a later time, this would require building a new, separate OAuth App.

Let us know if you have additional questions about any of this.

Best,
Will

Many thanks for your confirmation!

No problem, glad I could help. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.