Confusion about OAuth app and User level versus Account level app types

Description
I cannot seem to decide how to integrate an OAuth app properly with my project.

Project Requirement
My project needs multiple users to be able to create and manage Zoom meetings.

Confusion
Do i need to create account level or user level app ?
And is it compulsory to publish my OAuth app to the marketplace ?

More questions
Why is it so complicated to submit an OAuth app with intend to publish?

1 Like

Hi @solomanraiii ,

Depending on the App type (Account Level or User Managed), the app needs to be authorized by either the account admin or the user. To know more, please visit: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build#understanding-app-types

Does this make it more clear?

Best,
Gianni

Hi the page referred to doesn’t exist anymore. I am confused about how account users link their zoom accounts to the account level app. I want to switch from user managed to account level for our app but don’t understand how the connection is made to individual accounts to schedule a meeting. Is it through the refresh token / access code that gets issued when the user installs / authorizes the app?

I have an account level app. My understanding is that it is available to any user of the account. I can use it from my account admin account but from a user account, I get a screen indicating the user account does not have the required permissions. I thought that once an app was an account level app, any user in the account could access it.
Thanks

Hi @scoreboston ,

Please check approval settings for the marketplace app. This support article goes through approval instructions: