Account-level app vs User-managed app for adoption

I’m torn between building my app as Account-level or User-managed in terms of whether Account-level will slow down installation and adoption of my Marketplace app.

By default, do User-managed apps require a Zoom admin to pre-approve them? That is, are most business accounts set up this way?

If so, Account-level is the better path.

Hey @geekjock,

User managed apps do not require pre approval by default, it is up to the Zoom Admins to configure those settings. :slight_smile:

The biggest difference between Account Level and User Level are Account Level apps are installed once, account wide, and have scopes that allow any user on a Zoom account to use the integration.

User level apps are installed per user, and are scoped to that single user.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Thanks for the response!

I want to be able to fully test out the Account-level app flow of having the app installed for an account and enabled for other users, but it looks like I’d need to have a “Pro” account in order to do this which costs $149/mo. Is there a way to get a developer license for a “Pro” account for testing purposes?

Hey @geekjock,

You are in fact able to fully test building and installing an app with a Free Basic account. :slight_smile:

For other Zoom users to beta test your app once ready, you can request a beta test url:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.