Add a Webinar Registrant: Endpoint Returning Incorrect Start Time

Description
When adding registrants for a recurring webinar (of type 2 – Attendees need to register for each occurrence to attend), even though an occurrence_id is specified in the query attribute, the response body contains the start_time of the LAST webinar in the series, regardless of what occurrence_id is specified.

Error
No error message – just incorrect data in the response.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
/webinars/{webinarId}/registrants?occurrence_ids={occurrence_id}

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a recurring webinar with multiple occurrences.
  2. Create an API registration for webinar with the occurrence_id set to the first occurrence’s id.
  3. See response body contains start time for last occurrence, rather than first occurrence.

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
This is holding up an implementation issue. If we can’t get it worked out we’ll need to downgrade our account and find another webinar host.

Hey @ronfn_drip,

Thanks for the detailed post and your patience. We are investigating the issue and will get back to you with an update. (ZOOM-170090)

-Tommy

Hi @tommy, any update on this issue?

For what it’s worth, in my research about this problem to see if maybe I was doing something wrong, I found numerous threads like mine that never actually got resolved. That’s why I gave as much detail as possible, hoping it would be easier to address. I hope my post doesn’t reach the same fate.

One note I noticed since my original post – in my screenshot of my request URL, I have the parameter without an “s” (plural) despite the docs say it should be plural; this is not the problem. I had started trying various things like making the parameter singular, thinking maybe it was the documentation was wrong. Alas, neither occurrence_id nor occurrence_ids worked and both resulted in the same problem.

Any update on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

Hey @ronfn_drip,

The issue is still in the queue to be investigated by engineering.

Thanks for your patience,
Tommy

Same issue for me as well, how’s the fix going on

1 Like

Hey @daniel.lee,

No updates yet.

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy, it’s been over a month without any resolution, not counting the countless stale threads I found also describing this problem.

What good is the Zoom API to developers and companies wanting to built integrations if it returns bad data?

Hey @ronfn_drip,

Apologies for the delays. I have just requested upped priority on this.

We are doing our best to work through all the kinks in our system with the increased demand and will fix this as soon as we can.

Thanks,
Tommy