Meeting registration option available from meeting edit page; are not available via APIs

Description
Host/Admin has access to following options to set Registration Options of the meeting details section in the web portal; but not available via API:

These should be available via API for meeting security and avoid unauthorized participation. We have a use case for online education and want to restrict registrants from sharing the meeting on social media(this is critical in our case as we are approving registrants automatically) ; don’t allow registrants to join from multiple devices (this is also critical in case any registrant shares the link with others and we will have uninvited guests) and close registration of meeting (this is nice to have as once the meeting is done people should not be able to register who gets automatically approved). We are waiting on these for launching our platform; We will appreciate if this can be accommodated at earliest.

I see these are already available via API for webinars; so I am thinking it should be fairly easy to integrate to Meeting APIs as well.
Below is the screenshot from API reference for webinars:
Webinar_registration_API_Options

My suggestion is to turn these options on as default setting and can be modified using APIs.

Following are the related topics; but do not mention all the options.Hence I thought its a good idea to create a new post with all the options mentioned.

2 Likes

Hey @kuldeek,

Thanks for your suggestions! I have just submitted this as a feature request to our engineering team. (ZOOM-171844)

I will keep you update on its development.

-Tommy

3 Likes

Thanks @tommy. Appreciate it.

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy
any update on this?

Hey @chamathpali,

No updates yet. It is in the queue to be developed.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @chamathpali, @kuldeek,

Timeline is currently slated for September release.

Thanks,
Tommy

2 Likes

Thanks for the update @tommy. Will be waiting for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey @chamathpali, @kuldeek,

This feature will be released in October! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, what is the current development status?

Hi @tommy,

Hope you are doing well.
Any update on this feature release?

Regards,
Kuldeep Kumar.

Hey @kuldeek, @effysayno,

It is still slated to be released this month. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Just tested out the newly released field allow_multiple_devices parameter in the Create Meeting endpoint! It works perfectly! :slight_smile: :+1:
Many thanks @tommy

@chamathpali Glad we could help, and that it’s working for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

I am looking for the API to set registrants options shown above;
“Send an email to host”
option ON and OFF.

I could not find any inside API docs.

Can you help please, if there is a way to control this option?

Thanks.

Hi @group.work.kiky,

Good question. I do not believe this particular setting is available via the Registrants endpoints. However, you can update host email settings via the Update User Settings endpoint, and you can adjust the registrants email notification via our Update Meeting endpoint:

Let me know if this helps,
Will

Hi @will.zoom

Thank you for your reply.

I found the above option works well.

I have also replied to you on my own topic thread. Pls check.

Thank you again.

Thanks, @group.work.kiky — I will reply over there.

Best,
Will