Add our root account as a scheduler for our linked licensed users

Description
Our use case is that we create meetings for our linked licensed users where the start time is the same, so the meetings will be parallell to each other. To achieve this we set the “schedule_for” parameter when creating a meeting to the licensed user who will be host. Even though I don’t get an error message when doing so, the meeting doesn’t appear as scheduled for them in the web portal. I assume this is because the licensed user has not given us scheduling permissions in their settings. Is there a way to add us as a scheduler for them with the API so all our new licensed users don’t have to go into the settings and add us as a scheduler manually? Because they have already linked their accounts to our pro account, so why shouldn’t we be able to schedule meetings for them?

Error
No error message.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
Create new user and create new meeting

Hey @skillbreak

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

This did not help us.

Hi @skillbreak,

Thanks for reaching out about this and for explaining your use case—I can certainly appreciate where you’re coming from in regards to setting scheduling privileges for users programmatically.

That said, I’m afraid it’s not currently possible to set scheduling privileges via API. However, this is a great suggestion, and if you’re so inclined I think it could be a great addition to our #feature-requests channel.

In regards to utilizing the schedule_for field when you create a meeting, if you do not have permission to schedule a meeting on someone’s behalf, you should receive a “Not assigned scheduler” error—if you’re not seeing this error, you should have the necessary scheduling privileges.

I hope this helps to clarify!

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.