Create meeting via ME account for a different host

Description
I need to be able to create a meeting for a given user to host, I have been able to create a scheduled meeting via the API using a JWT, but it is always created with the admin as the “host_email”. I’ve tried specifying the “schedule_for” in the request, but receive the response { “code”: 1110, “message”: “Not assigned scheduler.”} The user could be any of the 4000 staff in my company.

Error
{ “code”: 1110, “message”: “Not assigned scheduler.”}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

Hi @mark.harris,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and happy to help!

To that end, if you wish to schedule a meeting via API for a given user, you can specify the user’s email or userId in the request URL (instead of me). If you pass me in the request URL it will point the request to the app owner and schedule it under them.

Have you tried passing the user in the request URL like below?
/users/someone@example.com/meetings

Let me know—thanks!
Will

Thanks Will, but it doesn’t seem quite that simple, works with my email address, and another colleague, but for

Forename.Surname@XXXX.XXX.XX

It returns

{

“code”: 1001,

“message”: “User does not exist: Forename.Surname@XXXX.XXX.XX.”

}

XXX’s to keep the email address confidential - didn’t realise I was responding to the forum via the email reply, so have edited the post.

Resolved
Turned out to be a SSO domain issue for the user that I was testing with, and not related to the zoom side of things

Hi @mark.harris,

I see, thanks for confirming. It sounds like you’ve resolved this, but let me know if you still have questions we can assist with.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.