Alternative host could not be found and error codes

Description
I am trying to create meetings with alternative hosts.
Problem is that sometimes one or more alt-hosts do not exists in Zoom. I just want to create the meeting without them and give a message to the end user “Users a@aa.a, b@bb.b could not be set as alt hosts”.

Is there a way to get the invalid users in a structured way (i.e. not screen-scraping the error message) and to get them all at once rather than one by one ?

So far I have met error codes 404/1113 and 400/1115 which do not correspond with what is in the documentation.
Are there other codes for invalid users ?
Is there somewhere a current list of error codes ?

Which Endpoint/s?
POST /users/{userId}/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. try to create a meeting with 3 invalid and 3 valid alternative_hosts
  2. find which of the 6 alt_hosts are not valid

Thanks

Hi @franardone,

Thank you for reaching out about this, and good question.

At this time, our API will return the invalid emails/user IDs one by one for the individuals that couldn’t be added as alternative hosts. However, I can definitely appreciate how it would be helpful to receive this error response in a more structured way.

If you’re so inclined, I might recommend submitting this as a feature request here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

Thanks Will,
do you have a list of the possible error codes ?

Hi @franardone,

Unfortunately we don’t have a reference for all possible Zoom errors, though it’s a great suggestion.

Generally speaking, the 404 error that you will commonly see means that the one of the users specified can’t be found or is invalid.

Having said this, I will see if we can work on adding more specific codes to our documentation.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.