API calls return bad "meeting does not exist" message

We need to get tracking fields for meetings, and the only API call that returns those is GET /meetings/:meetingId.

So first we get meetings in a defined period with GET /metrics/meetings

Then for each of those meetings we call GET /meetings/:meetingId so we can inspect the tracking fields.

But for a large portion of the meeting ids returned by GET /metrics/meetings we get an error when calling GET /meetings/:meetingId saying the meeting does not exist.

The same meeting ids successfully return results calling other APIs, such as GET /metrics/meetings/:meetingId

Again – the same meeting id returns results with GET /metrics/meetings/:meetingId but returns a “does not exist” error when calling GET /meetings/:meetingId

This doesn’t happen for every meeting – some return results while others get the error. And it happens whether we are using the meeting id or uuid retrieved from GET /past_meetings/:meetingId/instances.

Would appreciate getting this looked at. DM me for specific meeting ids as examples.

Hey @gbeber,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. One key difference between the two APIs to keep in mind is that the List Meetings Dashboard API is that it can show live, ongoing, meetings whereas the Get a Meeting API will only return past meetings.

Please provide the request body that you’re using for each endpoint and I can be more specific. If you’d like to include meeting IDs, please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us and I’ll assist you from there.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks I think we figured out what was going on. The /meetings API doesn’t return info for instant meetings – it only returns info for scheduled meetings. But the only API that returns info on instant vs. scheduled (type) is GET /past_meetings/:meetingUUID. That info isn’t returned with the list of meetings in GET /metrics/meetings.

It sure would be a lot easier if we could just specify the tracking fields we were looking for in meetings, or if that information (or at least meeting type) were returned in the /metrics/meetings call.

As it stands the relevant information regarding past meetings is scattered across several different API calls.

Hey @gbeber,

Thank you for the update. I’m glad to hear that you were able to figure the issue out. I looked into our API a bit further and confirmed that there isn’t a way to query tracking fields and instant meetings at the same time. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

One API that might be of use is the Get Meeting Details Report API but this won’t return information on live meetings.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

We’re now getting the error even on scheduled meetings. I just sent you an email. Could really use your help on this.

1 Like

Re: the feature request that already exists – ZOOM-139899
Looks like that request is over a year old. Any idea when/if it might be addressed?

Hey @gbeber,

Thank you for bringing that feature request to my attention. I’ve commented on it indicating that there is another request. I’ll keep you posted as the request progresses.

In the interest of keeping the solution we found in the ticket public, I’ll post it here. We saw that the meeting being requested had been deleted automatically by Zoom as it was older than one month. Using the Get Meeting Detail Report API allowed the meeting to be queried.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.