API Created/Updated Users - First Name is blank in Client

Description
About 5 of the ~150,000 accounts that I’ve created have reported that the Zoom Desktop Client does not display their First Name. Instead, it only displays their last name. Within the web user management, we both see the first and last name. And I’ve locked it so the first and last name are managed by our identity data, so it’s not like the users even have the ability to edit it themselves.

Error
There’s no error message displayed and the data looks accurate in the API and website, so I’m not sure why it’s displaying the wrong thing when they sign into the desktop client and join meetings. And yes, I’m sure they are logged into the client and I have deactivated “Allow users to rename themselves”.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
I cannot reproduce it myself, so I don’t know what’s going on.

Additional context
The way that I know to fix it right now is:

1. Edit their name to something else.
  2. Edit their name back to the original value.
  3. Tell them to log out and log back in to the desktop client.

This makes it seem like the name fields are randomly being cached as blank either in the desktop client or on the server and editing them again clears that cache.

Note: This is more of a heads-up to the Zoom folks, and an opportunity for others who have experienced this issue to weigh in. Or maybe it’s just my users?

Hey @Jonathan_Champ,

Can you please send this to support.zoom.us because it seems to be an issue with the Zoom Client and not the APIs. The support team will be happy to help figure out the issue! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Support ticket created.

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

-Tommy