API Webhooks stopped working a few weeks ago, any ideas why?

My team has been building a custom WordPress plugin that pulls in data from the Zoom API, up until May, it was working well. We then pivoted to another project for a few weeks and when we returned to the Zoom plugin, a lot of the functionality broke such as event descriptions weren’t pulling in and/or truncating, event start and end times were wrong, etc.

I reviewed the API change logs and don’t see anything major and my lead dev is saying he doesn’t know what could have caused it to break the way it did unless Zoom made major changes to the API.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this, or confirm if any major changes have been made in the last 60 days. Thank you.

Hi @crzyg8r ,

Thanks for letting us know. Here’s some guidance for troubleshooting webhooks: What to check when you're not receiving webhook events

Additionally, I am private messaging you for the following (check your notifications):

• client id
  • developer email
  • date of last receipt for webhooks
  • troubleshooting efforts you’ve already done

Upon review, I will investigate further on your behalf.

@gianni.zoom

We have raised a similar issue 17 days ago. since I am following up with @elisa.zoom You can refer to our issue in the link

FYI @crzyg8r

thanks for providing this, I am planning on responding to Gianni today with the details she requested. Seeing as they seem to do everything via dm, is your issue still on-going, has there been any progress or details you might be able to share so hopefully we can help each other.
For our situation, I am trying to determine if there was a structural change to the API or potentially a programming issue on our end that a dev doesn’t seem to understand why things have stopped working and required recoding

1 Like

Hi @crzyg8r
We troubleshoot this issues via DM since we do not want to expose any personal information in the Forum, since this is a public forum
There are multiple reasons why your app could have stopped receiving events and that’s why we have to manage this on a private thread too.
Cheers,
Elisa

Hi Gianni, I have received the info you requested from my developer but am not seeing where to obtain or respond to the direct message you indicated, can you please provide directions how to do this so I can provide you the details. TY

Please check your notifications @crzyg8r :slight_smile: