APIKey and APISecret key

I am trying to create a zoom meeting programmatically by using https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/"+email+"/meetings . As per document, I first registered in zoom market place with this email id and received APIKey and APISecret key. Using these keys I programatically created JWT and sent it in auth header in the above api call. Here, this email id acts like a host user. So, going forward if I have to make other user as host then he has to register and then his APIKey and APISecret key should be used in creating meeting.

So, I wanted to know, is there any option by which we can create one registration at Enterprise level(I mean one registration at client company level) and the resultant APIKey and APISecret can be used in creating meeting by making different members of the client company as host. If it is possible, it will reduce the effort of registration and maintaining their corresponding keys for creating meeting.

1 Like

Hi @jksnu1,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and happy to clarify.

First, I should note that JWT credentials are account-wide credentials, and you can use your JWT token to authenticate requests on behalf of any user under your account—meaning you could create meetings for another user under your account by passing their email or userId in the request URL.

You will not need need to generate credentials for each user, rather you can use a JWT token from your one set of API credentials to authenticate various requests on behalf of users. Note that you can also generate multiple JWT tokens using these credentials, and these will operate independently of each other.

Let me know if this helps to clarify. :slight_smile:
Will

1 Like

Thanks Will for quick reply.

I will try creating zoom meeting with my credentials for other user added under my account.

Is there any limit of number of users that I can add under my account.

Hi @jksnu1,

There is a limit of 9,999 users under an account. :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Will

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.