One API Key for multiple users possible?

Hi,

we are building an app where teachers and students join in the meeting, we will have 4 teachers who can host meetings separately within the application, I understand we will need 4 different user accounts, I also read that one zoom account can have multiple users, now what I wanted to know is,

1. Can I use one API key for the account for all the users within the account OR should I need separate API key for each users?
  2. if One API key is possible, how the app can know which user is hosting? as far as I tested, the sample web sdk app allows any one to host but it allows only one host per app ? which means one host per API key ?
  3. Can a pro account create more free users within the account? is there a limit in user creation in the pro account?

can you please clarify,

thanks!

Hey @integrine, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Yes, for the Web SDK, you only need one JWT App.

The app can know which user is hosting by the meeting id that is set. The Web SDK uses one set of JWT credentials and can host multiple simultaneous meetings.

Yes. The limit is basically unlimited.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi,
I basically have the same question, but if instead of 4 people I have 500, i still only need one api key.
Is there really no limit ?

And what is the pricing for that one api key/JWT app

1 Like

Hey @gabrielmyves,

If all 500 are users on your Zoom account, they will be able to host meetings via the Web SDK (one api key) or Zoom App.

To create and run the Web SDK, you need to have a Pro or higher plan.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Can you tell how we can use one api key to let multiple users host meetings simultaneously.

Hey @inam.habib,

That is already possible with the Web SDK:

Thanks,
Tommy