App getting stuck on waiting screen

App is getting stuck on waiting screen for host.
first time the app is working. but after creating 2-3 meeting when host click on start meeting waiting screen gets launch. checked all the API’s, everything is working properly. i think this is the bug at zoom’s side. please help me in finding the solution to it.

Hi @rohit.bhainwal, thanks for the post.

If you are seeing the waiting room, that means you are not the host of the meeting you are joining.

Are you able to reproduce this behavior in our sample app?

Thanks!

HI @jon.zoom, thanks for your reply.
I am understanding what you are saying. but the issue is 1st two to three meeting host is able to start the call. but after that when any new meeting is created than even for host waiting screen is getting generated. i have to kill the app and then after killing the app when i relaunch it, then the host is able to start the call. it happens when host starts two three calls one after the other.

Hi @rohit.bhainwal,

I have tried to reproduce this 10+ times in our sample app. In 100% of the attempts, I saw the expected behavior. Let’s get some additional information to get to the bottom of why we’re seeing different results.

• Are you joining the same meeting for every attempt?
  • Are you logging in/out of the SDK between attempts?
  • When joining the meeting, which SDK method are you using? Please provide a code snippet if possible.

Thanks!

hi @jon.zoom you don’t have to test 1 zoom call 10 time, you have to test 3 to 4 zoom call one by the another. please try this scenario you will get the issue. because i have found this issue in sample app as well.

• Are you joining the same meeting for every attempt?
    —> No. i am creating multiple meeting back to back.
  • Are you logging in/out of the SDK between attempts?
    —> No.

Hi @rohit.bhainwal,

If you are able to reproduce this behavior in our sample app, there is clearly something missing between your and my reproduction steps. I will list out the steps I am taking. Please let me know where the discrepancy is.

1. Start sample app and login with an account
  2. Enter meeting number and password for the account’s personal meeting
  3. Press the “Start this Meeting” button
  4. Observe meeting starting successfully

Please let me know if your steps are not the same. If desired, you may also provide a video capture of a session where you are experiencing this behavior. Note: if you do provide a video, please ensure you have enabled “Show taps” under developer settings.

Thanks!

Hi,
I am receiving waiting screen for the host also. Please give some solution on it.
As for the host we have used StartMeetingParamsWithoutLogin() and StartMeetingOptions() and passing the required inputs in it, so as per the zoom docs it is clearly given if user wants to start meeting as host than we have to use the above code. but after some appointments we observed that in the MeetingStatus we are receiving MEETING_STATUS_WAITINGFORHOST. which should not come, as the above code is used to star the meeting as the host.

And as per the zoom docs we have to use JoinMeetingParams() and getJoinMeetingOptions() methods for the participant.
so it is clear that if we are using StartMeetingParamsWithoutLogin() method than the joined user is host. so why he is receiving MEETING_STATUS_WAITINGFORHOST status in MeetingStatus function.
Please give me a proper solution to this issue. we are facing this issue since from long time. and after updating the sdk also this issue is still present.

Thanks.

Hi @rohit.bhainwal,

I am more than happy to help, but we still need some more information in order to determine why we are seeing different behavior. Can you please confirm whether or not the steps to reproduce in my previous reply are the same steps that you are taking?

Thanks!

Hi,
I got the actual issue. After the end of the call from host side i am removing all the listener. but still ZoomSDK.getInstance().isInitialized is giving me true. which means instance is not getting cleared, and i am trying to start another meeting so it is considering it as participant. is there any method through which i can forcefully clear the zoom instance.

below is the sample code through which i am removing all the listener

zoomSDK.meetingService.leaveCurrentMeeting(true)
    zoomSDK.meetingService.removeMeetingNotification(context)
    zoomSDK.meetingService.removeListener(this)
    zoomSDK.inMeetingService.removeListener(this)

I think if zoom instance gets cleared issue will get resolved.

Thanks

Hi @rohit.bhainwal,

There is no way to uninitialize the SDK once it has been initialized successfully. The only cleanup required would be to remove any listeners you have subscribed. If the SDK is not initialized, you will not be able to use it to join or start a meeting.

Thanks!