App has been disabled message after disabling Guest Mode

Description
After temporarily disabling the guest mode feature for our App, we encountered an issue while testing app installation by unauthenticated users. Upon installation, the message “This app has been disabled” was displayed. To reproduce the issue, kindly follow the steps outlined below:

How To Reproduce

• Join a meeting with two user account - one authenticated, one unauthenticated
  • Get a guest mode enabled app
  • Install the app on the authenticated account
  • Disable guest mode in marketplace
  • Regenerate publishable url or not.
  • Share the app to the unauthenticated user.
  • Open shared app from unauthenticated user’s client.
  • Expected: User should see a Zoom screen with button “Sign In to Add”
  • Output: User will see a screen with This app is disabled message

More observation

• This doesn’t happen when Guest Mode is enabled back
  • The “This app is disabled” screen only shows up when the user trying to install the app is not signed into their zoom client(unathenticated)

Troubleshooting Routes

• Tested with two separate Apps
  • Regenerated publishable URL
  • Uninstalled and re-installed the app on the authenticated user account

@townhalldev Thanks for reaching out about this! Just to clarify, you’re seeing that when Guest Mode is disabled the app is no longer available for unauthenticated users?

If that’s the case this seems to be expected behavior. However, I can see how the messaging here can be improved.

Let me know if I’m following the issue here

Hi Max,

Thank you for your quick response.

As you noted in the screenshot I shared, the current screen is displayed to an unauthenticated user when they open the app with guest mode disabled.

I just wanted to clarify whether there has been any recent change in the app’s behavior when an unauthenticated user tries to access a guest-mode-disabled app in a meeting. Previously, such users were presented with a page displaying a “Sign In to Add” button. I would like to confirm if this behavior has been modified to the current approach where the “This app has been disabled” message screen is displayed.

Thank you.

In most cases, a user should still see the option to sign in to add an app. What version of the Zoom Client are you using when you see this? Likewise, does this only happen if you disable guest mode while the meeting is ongoing? In other words, can you start a new meeting to see the prompt to sign in to install?

I have conducted tests on Zoom Client versions 5.12.9 and 5.13.10. Disabling guest mode during an ongoing meeting does not appear to be the cause of the “This app has been disabled” message. I have attempted to start a new meeting, but the same issue occurred.

Do you happen to know the scenarios or conditions that trigger this message to appear? I’m curious if it’s documented anywhere. Thank you.

Maybe this will be any help, I checked the console when the message “This app has been disabled” is displayed, here’s a screenshot of the error printed there.

Network Tab

"error": "Not Found",
    "message": "The application detail is not found",

Console error

Hello, @MaxM. I hope you’re doing well. I wanted to follow up on this issue and inquire if there is any additional information that you can provide to help me resolve it.

If you require any additional information from me, please let me know. I appreciate your help in resolving this issue and look forward to hearing back from you.

I was able to reproduce this behavior on my end but only with an unpublished app. I’m working with an internal team to confirm if this only happens with unpublished apps or also with published apps.

Just to confirm, you are testing this with an unpublished app, correct?

Yes, I am currently testing with an app that has not yet been published. I will await your findings on whether this issue is specific to unpublished apps or if it occurs with published apps as well. Thank you.

I confirmed this only happens with unpublished apps. When your app is published it will show the Sign In to Add prompt.

1 Like