Guest Mode error in unpublished app

Hi all, I am trying to invite a guest user to our unpublished app using the invitation url. Unfortunately I continuously get the error “You are not allowed to use this app in Guest Mode. Please contact the app developer for more details.”

In the Zoom Marketplace the Guest Mode is enabled, but ’ Guest Mode Testing ’ is disabled (meaning AFAIK that I don’t need to set the local enableGuestModeTesting=true).

I tried setting the local enableGuestModeTesting=true in the guest local instance ( having Guest Mode Testing disabled in the Marketplace) and it starts working for the guest user.

I am assuming that until app is published, I can only invite guest participant but they would have to enable the local ‘enableGuestModeTesting’. Am I correct? We wouldn’t want to publish not knowing what the behaviour would be with Guest users, as they would be a big part of the app traffic.

1 Like

“I am assuming that until app is published, I can only invite guest participant but they would have to enable the local ‘enableGuestModeTesting’. Am I correct? We wouldn’t want to publish not knowing what the behaviour would be with Guest users, as they would be a big part of the app traffic.”

Yes, before the app is published, local setting is required. Once it is set - the behavior is identical to the published app

I have both set guest mode locally and in the marketplace. the guest I’m testing with is a member of my account. Nevertheless, the participants screen says “You are not…”.

Nothing is sent to my server when she attempts to authorize collaboration so I assume there is nothing the server has to respond to in order to allow the collaboration.

What am I missing? are there any properties of the app itself which would preclude collaboration?