We have been using Guest mode on the latest beta build and have noticed some unexpected behavior with participants that are Logged-in and do not have our Zoom app installed.
From the diagram shared during the Office Hours;
Here, we are referring to the “Logged-in” column, and specifically the section titled “Apps with Guest mode support” (as we’ve enabled Guest mode for our app).
We have not been successful in triggering “2. ToS & Privacy Confirmation —> Open” for Logged-in users (highlighted in red)
The steps we took:
- Host has the Zoom app installed
- Host opens the Zoom app in a meeting in which the other participants do not have the app installed
- Host invites participants to use the app.
As a guest (logged out, column 1 in diagram), participants correctly see:
However, as a Logged-in user (logged in, column 2 in diagram), participants see:
Clicking “Open" does not open Guest mode, but instead takes them through the normal install flow.
We expected to see “ToS & Privacy Confirmation —> Open” (according to Step 2 under “Apps with Guest mode support” in the diagram above) to initiate Guest mode for Logged-in users.
Using the app in Guest mode at this point is essential, as almost all of our customers are indeed logged in to Zoom but hit a roadblock in trying to download/authorize the app.
- Are we initiating Guest mode incorrectly for Logged-in users? It looks like even Logged-in users are supposed to be able to access Guest mode based on the diagram.
- Could this be a bug with Guest mode incorrectly handling Logged-in users?
We also recorded a few Loom videos from each perspective —