App managed by multiple users

Hi,

As a company we are trying to create an app which will be released to marketplace. We want multiple developers (they all added to Zoom account) can manage app settings. However, only the user which creates app at the first place can see the app in “Created Apps” menu and we could not figure out how to give access to other developers to reach app settings. Is it possible to give permission to multiple users to see same app on “Created Apps” tab?

Thanks,
Batuhan

Hey @batuhan, thanks for posting!

This is a good question. Currently if you add a role and set the developer privilege,

Everyone in that role can see / edit either JWT or SDK apps for the account.

Unfortunately as of now we do not have the ability for non app creators to see / edit the Chatbot, Webhook or OAuth App types.

I will pass this to our team as a feature request.

Thanks,
Tommy

Need more some information about have created user-managed app and I add webhooks to that app ?
if suppose multiple user connect to user- managed app can I get all the webhooks that they will triggered from there account?

Hey @dbbendale,

Yes you can add webhooks to a user-managed app.

“Event notifications can be subscribed for only the users who have installed this app.”

Let me know if you have any other questions! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Would the same app can also be connect by global admin who is admin or owner of the account? Could I directly do Oauth flow by after publishing that app with zoom market place publishing URL?

The admin can install the app as well and it will treat the admin as a user.

Yes you can do the OAuth flow after publishing to marketplace! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I was wondering if there was an update on the feature request to allow for multiple users view/edit/maintain an OAuth App.

If not, I was wondering what happens to a published OAuth App if the creator user is no longer with the company, can an admin still view/edit/assign it?

Thanks in advance!
-Dan

Hey @dreich,

No updates yet.

Good question, right now you will have to reach out to us to transfer the app to another one of your users.

Thanks,
Tommy