Are openAppForParticipants and closeAppForParticipants supposed to be supported?

Based on last week’s business office hours it looks like the following APIs are supported for Owners:
openAppForParticipants
closeAppForParticipants

We couldn’t find any documentation on those, except for the associated event onCloseAppForParticipants (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/beta-docs/zoom-apps/js-sdk/events#oncloseappforparticipants)

Are those APIs supposed to be supported? If not supported now, is there a timeline and documentation on their intended functionality?

Thanks all

I am wondering the same about showNotification() (from the docs here)

it seems to work, the API returns success, but nothing is shown :slight_smile:

Bumping this question up

Hey @Taylor,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. In my testing I wasn’t able to get the onCloseAppForParticipants event to fire and I wasn’t seeing the functions you mentioned in the JS SDK.

I’ve followed up with our team to see if I can gain insight into if/when these will be added. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can with more information.

Thanks,
Max

Great, thanks for the response, Max. I’ll keep an eye out for the follow-up!

@taylorm Sorry for the delay here. I haven’t been able to confirm if these functions exist but I’ve made our engineering team aware. In my testing, I wasn’t seeing them as part of the SDK so I’m thinking that they don’t exist just yet.

If these functions should exist we’ll be sure to document them soon.