Audio issue on iOS Devices

Audio Detection Problem: Users are reporting that the Zoom Web Video SDK is not detecting audio during virtual survey sessions on iOS devices. This is hindering effective communication during survey interviews.

zoomClient.stream.getCameraList() is empty

Camera Switching Unavailability: Additionally, it has come to our attention that the camera switching functionality within the Zoom SDK is not available on iOS devices, limiting users from switching between front and rear cameras during survey sessions.

I have attached ios survey meeting screen shot where the audio icon mode changed as headset , This icon displays when audio is not working .

Hey @vignesh.ramalingam

Thanks for your feedback.

Audio Detection Problem

When you click on the headset icon, do you encounter any issues? Does the microphone permission prompt appear?

From the screenshot, it seems that the current user is not connected to audio because if they were, there would be a red audio icon in the address bar.

Camera Switching Unavailability

On mobile devices, the device ID for the camera can be specified by MobileVideoFacingMode.

Thanks
Vic

When you click on the headset icon, do you encounter any issues? Does the microphone permission prompt appear?
From the screenshot, it seems that the current user is not connected to audio because if they were, there would be a red audio icon in the address bar.

In iOS, microphone detection doesn’t seem to be occurring, which is why the headset icon is displayed. It appears that there is a failure in the audio detection process on iOS. I don’t observe any audio icon in the address bar. Please note that, unlike the camera, there is no pop-up prompt for allowing or denying access to the microphone.
Note: In the case of the camera, a pop-up for allowing or denying access appears, but this is not happening for audio.

Camera Switching Unavailability
Based on the Zoom Document, We supply the deviceID information to the switchCamera Function. This works in Android device. I will check your suggestion and will provide update on this.

Hey @vignesh.ramalingam

In iOS, microphone detection doesn’t seem to be occurring, which is why the headset icon is displayed. It appears that there is a failure in the audio detection process on iOS. I don’t observe any audio icon in the address bar. Please note that, unlike the camera, there is no pop-up prompt for allowing or denying access to the microphone.
Note: In the case of the camera, a pop-up for allowing or denying access appears, but this is not happening for audio.

Do you automatically start audio upon joining the session on the iOS platform?

Usually, to start audio, you need to allow microphone permissions, which may be the reason for no audio.

Thanks
Vic

Hi Vic,

For Video we received the pop-up, but for Audio we didn’t receive any pop-up after pressing the Audio Icon.

Atcually audio was not detecting in the iOS.