Authenticating with Zoom using own application

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
Configuring authentication for Zoom using our application. When users join a Zoom meeting, have users display the name and email listed in our application.

Error
I have seen other applications have this,but I am not sure where to look or get started.
This is the closet documentation I found so far: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360037117472-Authentication-Profiles-for-meetings-and-webinars#h_48d8c2cf-77a4-429b-a9d7-6e84a78e742a

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
Authentication

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
n/a

Screenshots (If applicable)
n/a

Additional context
Currently, our users have to log into their Zoom account to join Zoom meetings hosted in our application. However, it would be great if they didn’t have to and could authenticate by simply being logged into our application.

When doing this, I would like for them to have their name and email from our application used (i.e, when we export user information, this information will be displayed for them). One of the issues we have is that users tend to have different names/emails on the Zoom account than on their profile in our application. If we could have them use the name/email listed on our application, it would be easier to verify their attendance.

I have used other applications that have their own Zoom accounts that seem to have implemented this. The name used in their application was displayed in Zoom meetings and I did not have to log into Zoom. Any help or point in the right direction would be great. Thanks!

Hey @cedricgidget,

This would require creating an OAuth App. Have you had a chance to check out our documentation here?

You could create a user level OAuth App, which a user would authorize, and this could grant you access to their user profile details to use as the authentication method for your app.

Let me know if it helps,
Will

Thanks, this looks promising! We had been using JWT and I wrongly assumed that OAuth wouldn’t work for this use case. I’ll take a closer look at OAuth.

No problem, let us know if you run into questions. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.