AUTHRET_UNKNOWN on Authentication

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

Meeting SDK Version: Windows 5.17.4. We are utilizing the C# Wrapper

Description
In production devices we are seeing AUTHRET_UNKNOWN errors on a handful of devices that come and go. It would be useful to know why the SDK is failing so we could increase reliability of our application. As we haven’t been able to find a way to reproduce it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, and specifically on a handful of devices.

The SDK initializes successfully, and we have retry logic to retry authentication but if it appears fails once, subsequent retries continue to fail.

I’ve dumped the SDK logs in this Google Drive that have failed authentications. But any help would be appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CpBl4_6qsJoarA-RKIcELhrec5fXBVI4?usp=sharing

@john.markley
I’ll check this out and let you know when I have more details
ZSEE-133724

Thank you @chunsiong.zoom !

@john.markley do you happen to have a screenshot of this error?

@chunsiong.zoom - All I have is the attached Zoom SDK logs, but it happens frequently enough that I can try to capture more information if you can give me specifics on what would be helpful.

When I look at the documentation I can’t find many reasons on why we’d be getting the Unknown error sometimes, and other times not.

Are there known issues/solutions that we should be looking at to reduce the frequency of these errors?

Thanks!

@john.markley for your case, when authenticating the url was truncated. There is possibility zoom.us domain has been truncated by some firewall or dns lookup

Thank you Chun Siong, that’s incredibly helpful.

Were you able to see what the truncated URL looked like? Or what the Authentication endpoint is?

@john.markley I’ll PM you on this

1 Like