Authret_unknown

Description
When starting my c# wrapper based windows app, I sometimes encounter the AUTHRET_UNKNOWN as an error when authorizing the SDK. Without changing any code, the same program is granted authorization (usually less than an hour later). The authorization method being used is a JWT token with the “exp” portion set to 60 minutes from the current time. Is there anything I can check for more information as to why this is happening?

Which version?
v5.2.42037.1112 C# wrapper

Device

• Device Spec: PC

Hey @jdrennan,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

That is strange you only experience this issue sometimes. Does this also happen in the demo application for you?

Thanks!
Michael

I can’t say that I have seen it in the demo app but the app being developed is based on the demo app (it was basically the template I started with). My first thought is that it may be related to the JWT token. Is there a limit on the requests that can be made to get authenticated? If a good session is established (auth returns OK) and the time related to the JWT expires, do the API calls then fail and a new token has to be requested? Any help/ideas are welcome, thanks!

Hey @jdrennan,

Not that I am aware of. I would try pushing the exp time further out and see if the issue persists.
Let me know if that works.

Thanks!
Michael

Still testing. In the mean time, are there recommendations on the values for the JWT tokens? In the README file found in the SDK, “exp” has a max of iat + 2 days and “tokenExp” has a min of iat + 30 minutes. Any additional information on these fields would be welcome, thanks again.

Hey @jdrennan,

Hmm, not particularly. The times should really just be as short as possible without causing issues for the user or developer. It really just depends on what you, the developer, would like. :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael