Automatic caption in live stream

I’m developing an automatic live caption App on zoom. I’m able to set up the web-hook and stream zoom audio back to our platform. After generating caption, I currently use the /closedcaption endpoint to post it back to zoom.

But this requires me to manually input the caption url for each meeting, which is very inconvenient. Is there a way that I can do this without the manual input?

Hi @sean-c, to give additional context for future readers, currently the Meeting Host must manually copy the API Token for a third-party Closed Captioning service. I’ll investigate how we can provide this via REST API (this would probably require OAuth).

Thanks @michael.zoom! I think it should be possible. The App “Rev” in Zoom’s marketplace does not require manual copy of the caption url.

Hey @sean-c,

We do have a feature request already for this. (ZOOM-100289)

Stay updated here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy
Is it possible to get the URL from Zoom’s WebHook response?
I do see Zoom apps like “Rev Live Captions” provide live captions without the URL

Hey @sean-c,

I am not sure how Rev does it since we do not have an API or webhook for this. Feel free to ask them. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy !
For the wmcc.zoom.us/closedcaption endpoint, is there anyway to generate the ‘ns’ and ‘signature’ values from my side?

Hey @sean-c,

Unfortunately not at this time.

Thanks,
Tommy