Automatically Create Zoom Meetings from Proprietary Calendar

Description
We have a proprietary calendar system with about 15 users. We would like to automatically create Zoom meetings for specific entries in the calendar. The program will be written in .NET, probably VB.net.

1. What is the correct App type to be able to update calendar entries for 15-or-so users? I created a JWT app, but couldn’t find a way to add / control other users. Do I need to use OAuth? This link: Simple application to create meetings (.NET) makes me think it needs to be OAuth. I tried OAuth but it looks like I need to log in as each user each time, which could be done but would be a bit of a pain. So, now I’m thinking it may need to be the SDK. I tried running the Zoom SDK sample, but can’t figure out what goes in “sdk jwt token”, using the output from jwt.io. I suppose I could create an app in each user account, and then log in as each user to synchronize their meetings, although that doesn’t sound very efficient.

2. What is a good way to communicate with Zoom to synchronize meetings for about 15 users from a .NET application?

3. I went back and played with the API via JWT. That appears to work great for a single user. Is there a way to add people to my “group” so I can synchronize Zoom meetings with our proprietary calendar?

Thanks a lot!

Hey @scott.jordan,

Thanks for joining the Zoom Developer Forum! Happy to help point you in the right direction.

What is the correct App type to be able to update calendar entries for 15-or-so users? I created a JWT app, but couldn’t find a way to add / control other users. Do I need to use OAuth? This link: Simple application to create meetings (.NET) makes me think it needs to be OAuth. I tried OAuth but it looks like I need to log in as each user each time, which could be done but would be a bit of a pain. So, now I’m thinking it may need to be the SDK. I tried running the Zoom SDK sample, but can’t figure out what goes in “sdk jwt token”, using the output from jwt.io. I suppose I could create an app in each user account, and then log in as each user to synchronize their meetings, although that doesn’t sound very efficient.

Will these users be under your Zoom account?

If your app will need to manage/access users from outside of your Zoom account, you will need to use an OAuth app and publish it on our marketplace. Alternatively, if these users would be under your account, you can use a JWT app, which is an account-wide app and is available to all the admins and owners of the account, and allows you to manage all users on your account.

What is a good way to communicate with Zoom to synchronize meetings for about 15 users from a .NET application?

To create or manage meetings, you can use our Meetings API endpoints:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate

The Meetings endpoints have schedule_for and alternative_hosts fields if you wish to create meetings on other users behalves.

I went back and played with the API via JWT. That appears to work great for a single user. Is there a way to add people to my “group” so I can synchronize Zoom meetings with our proprietary calendar?

This will likely require OAuth, if these users are outside of your Zoom account.

Let me know if this is helpful!

Best,
Will

Thanks! I have tried to add the other users to a group I created. I’m hoping after the users accept the invitation that I will be able to programmatically manage Zoom meetings for all of them through the JWT application I already have working.

Thanks a lot!

Hey @scott.jordan,

Got it—don’t hesitate to reach back out if you have further questions!

Best,
Will

Thanks for the help, Will!

I’ve run up against the 100-request-per-day limit using the API and JWT to manage 15-or-so users with several meetings per day. There are something like 2,000 meetings to be scheduled as of right now.

Is there a better way to do this with so many meetings to create? Are the other interfaces (such as the SDK) limited to the 100-per-day? Can I maybe create more than 1 meeting in a single request?

Thanks again!

Hey @scott.jordan,

At the moment, there’s not a way around this 100 meetings/day, per user limit. We’re looking at adding a batch API in the future, but throttling your calls and using our Create Meeting API will be your best bet for now.

Thanks for raising the importance of being able to take a more efficient approach to this—I’ll be sure to share this feedback with my team.

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.