Automatically Sign in user when joining a Meeting

Description
We are currently using the API to create meetings and then using the join_url from the response to create a button for the user to click on to join the meeting which is working fine. We have also recently added Single sign-On which is also working fine.

However when a user who is authenticated in the IDP but not yet logged into zoom uses the join_url it takes them to the waiting for host screen in zoom.

Is it possible to sign the user in automatically when joining a meeting given they are linking to the zoom meeting from the IDP?

Hey @accesstelehealth,

May I ask what the term IDP means?

Also, has the meeting been started already? Can you send me a screenshot of the waiting for host screen?

You can double check that “join before host” is turned “on” in your settings:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy We do not want “Join before host” turned on as we don’t want to start the meeting without the host. IdP is the single sign-on Identity provider

Hey @accesstelehealth,

Okay. Are the users put into the meeting after the meeting has been started?

This is the intended functionality if the meeting has not been started yet.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Yes the users are put in the meeting after it is started, as intended. But the host is also shown the waiting screen (If they are not logged into zoom yet) which is the part we want to change.

We know they are the host because they are logged into the Identity provider, and we can configure the link to be specific to them or get an access token if needed so they are recognised as the host when linking to zoom.

@tommy I have found I can automatically login by linking the user to [myvanityurl].zoom.us/saml/login?from=desktop and I can link to the meeting with [myvanityurl].zoom.us/j/[meetingnumber].

so my question is, is there a single url I can link to that both signs the user in and joins the meeting?

Hey @accesstelehealth,

Have you tried using the start_url returned from the Create Meeting endpoint, or Get Meeting endpoint?

Thanks,
Tommy