Best way to implement zoom for video calls in real-estate website

Description
I am working with a real-estate portal, where many property managers list their properties - and potential clients get in contact via chat today (not using zoom). We want to enable video calling as well.

My idea was to have property managers create a zoom account each, and share their personal meeting room url. We put that behind a button on the listing, and people can join the personal room via web or app.

I was hoping that when a user tries to join the room, the property manager would get a notification in their zoom mobile app - and could “take the call” by answering/joining etc.

However, there are some problems with this.

1. Property managers do not get notified when somebody tries to join the personal meeting room, so we would have to notify them (which we can) - but then the property manager has to go start a meeting in their app, make sure “use personal meeting id” is selected and then the meeting can start.
  2. If the client is trying to access via a mobile device, they have to download the zoom app - cannot be run in a browser.

Re 1: Any ideas on how to get around this? Is there an in-app way of notifying the user when somebody wants to join their personal meeting room?
Re 2: I don’t think this can be solved (ie running in mobile browser), is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

Hey @kj1, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

If you want your meetings to be ad hoc, I suggest turning on the following settings:

1. Use PMI for instant meetings
  2. Allow join before host

This will send an email notification saying your participants are waiting for you.

A few other solutions are building a custom solution using our Web SDK.

Or if the Zoom users have each other in their Zoom contact lists, you can call them via Zoom Phone:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360021087192-Making-and-receiving-calls

Correct.

All this being said, I think a scheduling flow like Calendly + Zoom would be better then ad hoc meetings.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/BF4eht18S3a0KTLiKM3P0A

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you very much for your response, Tommy. It helped my process quite a bit.

We’re already using a scheduling solution with calendar integration (similar to Calendly) to schedule viewing appointsments. We should probably just use the same flow - for online meetings.

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have additional questions!

Thanks,
Tommy