Black Screen After Joining Meeting

Description
Host starts the meeting via Meeting SDK. Guest appears to join meeting successfully, the host can see the guest’s name on a dark grey background and host video is reduced to the small PIP window. The Guest sees a completely blank black screen with no controls, PIP, audio, video, or anything else.

Browser Console Error
We’re working on collecting this, but have not been able to do so yet.

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Meeting SDK Code Snippets
Unknown. Since it seems only happen for some users, so far just Mac users, and they appear from the host side to be joining the meeting, we believe the issue is occurring once the page is fully in the SDK’s control and no more application code is executing.

To Reproduce(If applicable)
We have not been able to reproduce the behaviour at all as of yet.

Screenshots

Troubleshooting Routes
We’ve tested ourselves with with Mac and Chrome and have not been able to reproduce.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: 2020 MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1 chip, 2560 x 1600 resolution)
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version: 117.0.5938.92 (Official Build) (arm64)

Additional context
It does not appear to be a consistent problem, but we’re told that for the users affected the are never able to join the meeting or any other meeting.

Hi @sales1
Thanks for reaching out to us!
Are you still seeing this issue on your end?
If so could you please try to replicate this with our sample app that has the updated version of meeting WEB sdk 2.17.0

As far as I’m aware it is still an issue. It is not possible to replicate using the example app because it only happens for users on Mac devices running Chrome and I believe it was reported once on Safari in Mac as well.

We don’t have direct contact or the ability to work with these users directly in general to do any kind of trouble shooting unfortunately.

We have tried using the Mac devices we have to replicate the issue under the conditions that were described to us and we were unable to do so.

Thanks for the update here @sales1
I will take a look at our Docs internally to see if this is documented and marked as a bug

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.