We’re seeing an issue when using Breakout rooms in conjunction with the
startActiveView API in our custom UI.
- When using the
startActiveViewAPI in the main Zoom room (on the view we get from
ZoomSDKActiveVideoElement), we have no problems with the video feed, and everything seems to work correctly
- If the meeting host joins a Breakout room with another participant, however, and we attempt to use
startActiveView, the related view is blank and video feed never appears
- Our UI and code is, generally, identical between these two scenarios, and so the failure in the breakout room is a bit puzzling
- The startActiveView API is not returning any errors, and is reporting success, despite there being no video feed
So far I haven’t been able to find much in the way of clues as to what is going wrong. Initially I thought perhaps our UI was laid out incorrectly in the Breakout room, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.
- The NSView for hosting the video stream (from
getVideoView) is visible, the frame is Ok, and the expected private subviews (Zoom SDK’s Metal-backed views) are also showing in the UI
- We get no error codes when calling
- I have also tried tapping into the related delegate hooks for
ZoomSDKVideoContainerDelegateto see if we were overlooking or misusing some callback there, but I can’t see any obvious callbacks which are occurring or any errors etc.
Apologies if I’m overlooking something obvious, but can anyone possibly offer any ideas/hints/suggestions as to what might be going wrong?
Which macOS Client SDK version?
To Reproduce(If applicable)
(Please see notes above.)
Device (please complete the following information):
- Device: Apple MacBook Pro (13-inch)
- OS: macOS Big Sur 11.4