Breakout room "close all rooms" no longer works

I am using the latest iOS SDK and using the SDK with the custom UI.

During regression testing, the breakout room feature develop on the previous SDK no longer works. I am able to join the breakout room normally but when the host close all the breakout room, I don’t receive any event using SDK with the Custom UI. I used to receive - (void)onLostAttendeeRightsNotification which no longer triggered.

I don’t see any new function in the Delegate which could replace this. Can you advice what needs to be done?

This is a critical issue which will block us to use the new version of the SDK.

Best regards,
Nicolas

Hey @nicolas.bonnet,

I am sorry this is happening. I can understand that this would cause issues. I will attempt to reproduce this issue on my end. Out of curiosity, is onHasAttendeeRightsNotification called at any point?

Can you also provide any relevant code you have for this?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon ,

I realised that the issue came from -(void)onLostAttendeeRightsNotification which has been migrated to -(void)onLostAttendeeRightsNotification:(BOOL)isStopBO. The change was mentioned in the changelog but I didn’t get any warning from the code and it took some time to realise the change. SDK version upgrade should be easier to do.

Regarding this additional :(BOOL)isStopBO, I don’t really understand why you made such change. Currently when the host is closing the current breakout room or all of them, the user will loose its “right” to leave the breakout room, which force me to leave totally the zoom call and join back again. Knowing that the reason why I “LostAttendeeRights” is because the breakout room is stopped doesn’t help. I would prefer receive an event like -(void)onBOClosed:(MobileRTCBOAttendee* _Nonnull)attendee which allow to cleanly leave the breakout room and go back to the main room. This “attendee rights” make it hard to give a good experience (no rights == no possibility to leave the BO room).

Did I miss function which allow me to do that?

Best regards,
Nicolas

Hey @nicolas.bonnet,

No, I do not think you missed anything here. I can understand how this current pattern can cause confusion and undesirable states. I will submit a feature request to the team to add -(void)onBOClosed:(MobileRTCBOAttendee* _Nonnull)attendee or something similar to it. This would indeed be a useful addition.

Thanks!
Michael