BUG? EnableAlwaysShowNameOnVideo does not work

Hi,
I am using SDK v4.6.21666.0428 and I need to hide names from video elements (custom UI). I called EnableAlwaysShowNameOnVideo(false) and got success response. Also calling IsAlwaysShowNameOnVideoEnabled() returns false.

The user name is still present on the video. Is this a known bug? Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Hi bragma,

Thanks for the post. What is the “user name” you are referring to? Do you mean the name that is shown in the middle when the user’s video is off or the name tag at the button left?

Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom, basically, both. But the most important for me is the name tag at the bottom left. Thanks!

Hi @bragma,

Thanks for the reply. The engineering team has tested this interface and it is working as expected. Could you provide an SDK log for this so that we could further investigate?

Thanks!

I double checked, I get success from the call. I’ll send you a PM with the link to the log
Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,
I have discovered what went wrong. There 2 settings, apparently doing the same thing.
One is on IVideoRenderElement and the name is EnableShowScreenNameOnVideo().
The other one is on IVideoSettingContext and the name is EnableAlwaysShowNameOnVideo().

This second one does not have any effect, apparently. This is why I asked how to use it. Instead the first one works, so I can work around the problem.

Hi @bragma,

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear that you have found the solution. :slight_smile: