BUG: Multiple Spotlight on Cloud Recording

Hi Kaila,

Reading your post, at first I got scared like “did it happen to me as well and I haven’t noticed it, is there someone in the recordings who shouldn´t be there in the screen?”

Then, I remembered that yesterday evening I forgot to replace the spotlight with the second panelist (don´t mind the word, it wasn’t webinar, just regular meeting).
So, while she was speaking the first panelist/speaker was on the screen.
It wasn’t much of a deal since the one in the screen was nodding and smiling while the other´s speaking, so the scene turned out to be nice, after all :slight_smile:

I’m writing about this, because I, once more, can definitely confirm that it’s not a general issue.
That been said, maybe Zoom´s launching their updates region by region and the bug you´ve faced might be on its way towards us all :fearful:

~ Fatih

As mentioned Web client with Custom Live stream does not change to gallery or spotlight views only speaker, needs to be fixed and give control. This is a major problem with usability

1 Like

This worked!!! I can’t believe how much work it took to figure this out, though. :disappointed_relieved: It would be great if Zoom could add this within the next year.

Hi. Good to hear. This is a developer forum issue with the API so not the solution for API live streaming. Best.

Well, after nearly a year we raised this issue, finally Zoom fixed the multiple spotlight transmitted on live stream.
Thank you, thank you, thank you :pray:t2:
Fingers crossed for cloud recordings :crossed_fingers:t2:

~ Fatih

I have confirmed via testing that Multiple Spotlight is shown correctly on Facebook Live and is recorded correctly to Zoom Local Recordings. I’ve not tested any other live streaming platforms. Zoom Cloud recordings still record only the One Active Speaker or Single Spotlight and does not record Multiple Spotlights.

This is still an issue. Are there any updates on this. Why is it not possible to record multiple spotlight videos on Zoom cloud recordings?

1 Like

Very upsetting. I had organized a Zoom workshop specifically to make it accessible for people with hearing impairments who would like to see the sign language interpreters, and I recorded it with both speaker and translator spotlighted so we can share the recordings. Guess what? The sign language interpreters were not shown in the recording at all!!

1 Like

I can’t emphasize this enough: the problem, the bug word in the title is not Zoom doesn’t record multiple spotlights side by side in the cloud.
The issue is it records even those who haven’t been spotlighted.
Such as attendees asking a question to the spotlighted speakers or a kid dancing and playing in front of the computer whose parents decided to go to kitchen and leave Zoom open.
This is the nightmare, this is the problem, this is the bug.

Ideally, yes, the cloud recording would record multiple spotlights as it does in the local recording or (as recently fixed) in the live streams.
But we can live with it, there are workarounds.
For the cloud recording getting the video feed of a not spotlighted person, it’s the end of the game. There’s nothing we can do about it.
This is a nightmare. It’s been years and Zoom still does not accept this as a problem, so no attempt to fix it.

I’ve written a hundred times. And here I’m saying one more time: DO NOT RECORD SOMEONE WHO HASN’T BEEN SPOTLIGHTED!!!

~ Fatih

Good news.
I can confirm that this issue has been partially resolved.
The cloud recordings of speaker view still include the not-spotlighted-participants.
But (here comes the good news) gallery view has only the multiple-spotlighted-speakers, exactly as seen during the meeting with active speaker view.

For me, well, it’s end of a 2-year-long nightmare.
Now, I can simply cut and insert the relevant part of gallery view recording, et voila.

Yet, if you would need gallery view of all (up to 25?) participants, keep in mind that you will lose that view in the cloud recordings if you spotlight multiple participants at once.
Again, for our purposes, that’s not a problem. We rarely, if ever, need gallery view recording.

So, though being selfish, I can take a deep breath and say hallelujah :pray:t2:
After 2 very long years, finally, yes :partying_face: :tada: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

~ Fatih

Does this fix have anything to do with websdk (or live stream api) live streams view to be able to show other views. Currently live stream via api only shows speaker view and cannot be changed from websdk - have to assign host to a client host and when they change their view it changes the live stream view - strange work around