Build error on Mac

Description
When cloning the zoom-sdk-electron repo, and running sh build_nodeaddon_mac.sh, it errors with:

cp: cannot create directory '../../../../../../Bin/Mac/Release': No such file or directory

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. git clone https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-electron
  2. cd zoom-sdk-electron
  3. sh build_nodeaddon_mac.sh

Screenshots

Additional context
MacBookPro 13 in 2019
macOS 10.15.5
electron v5.0.2
node v12.14.1

I sometimes get this when building the mac (objective C) project, usually after switching build schemes - I just delete the whole /bin directory and all is happy. Not sure if this is related…

I’m having the same problem, and I can’t figure out what the Zoom developers intend for that statement to do. It’s a relative path to a directory, but they have no idea where we cloned the repo, so how could they use a relative path? It it supposed to be in the root /bin/mac/release? Why is Bin uppercase if so?

Since this fails, I can’t run the demo. Did you ever figure it out?

Okay, I think I have it figured out:

The two cp commands that have the long relative path can be removed. They don’t seem to be needed.

Then, if you run into an issue with “image not found” when the native module is loaded, from the “demo” directory, you can run this command:

$ install_name_tool -add_rpath @loader_path/./ZoomSDK ../sdk/mac/zoomsdk.node

Hi @jthomerson,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and glad to hear that you have found the solution. Yes, the commands

cp -Rf ./build/Release/zoomsdk.node.dSYM  ../../../../../../Bin/Mac/Release
cp -Rf ./build/Release/zoomsdk_render.node.dSYM  ../../../../../../Bin/Mac/Release 

could be removed and it won’t cause any issues. We will enhance this part in the next release.

Thanks!