Can I create pre-recorded videos using Zoom SDK?

Hey!

So I am so happy to see that Zoom is offering their SDK to the public. I do however, want to know how flexible the SDK is.

Let me give some context, we are building a video interviewing platform to interview candidates using pre-recorded videos. For example, you apply for a job at Microsoft, and they send you to our virtual interview Q&A. You will see pre-recorded videos from the Microsoft team, then you will have 1 or 2 minutes to record your video response and submit it to them, for each question.

We’d like to know if the Zoom SDK allows for this pre-recorded video feature. We don’t need any streaming or Web-RTC functionality, simply we need the ability to record a video in the browser and save it in a DB. Is this possible?

Lastly, if it is possible, does Zoom offer storage so that we can store the recorded video somewhere in Zoom’s hosting, otherwise if not then we can use Amazon S3 or something like that.

Your help is much appreciated here.

Thanks!
Anthony

Hey @anthony.panepinto101,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I’m happy to help out here! Just to make sure we’re on the same page, are you referring to using the Video SDK or the Web SDK?

When it comes to the Video SDK, we don’t support recording the video/audio data out of the box. This is something you would want to implement on your end.

This is something you could accomplish with the Web SDK though. Essentially, you would be embedding a Zoom Meeting window in your website. You would want to configure the meeting to start recording automatically and enable “Join Before Host”. With cloud recording enabled, the recordings would then be stored on our servers.

However, if your only goal is to record the webcam of a user, Zoom may not be the best solution. Something simpler and lighter may work better for your use case. For instance, please see RecordRTC.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.