Can I purchase, assign and dismiss licences with Enterprise plan

Description
We are using Zoom Web SDK to have meetings on our platform. However, as our solution scales up, we need to be able to automatically purchase new licenses and assign them to new users (email addresses). Same goes for dismissing the license when the user decides to quit subscription. I have got a response that it is possible to buy licenses programatically with Enterprise business plan, but not if assigning and dismissing licenses can be done in the same way. If we decide to switch to Enterprise plan, we must be sure that this option is possible as well since it is significant amount of money and this option is crucial for our business plan. I am looking forward to the answer as soon as possible.

Error
N/A

Which Client Web SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
N/A

Screenshots
N/A

Hey @nedzad.hafizovic,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Great question! This is something you can absolutely accomplish using our APIs. Please see the following forum post for more information on how this can be done:

Let me know if you have any questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

I appreciate the answer, thanks. I have another question.

• With Enterprise plan, does Zoom offer a possibility to have a free license for users to test the meetings (max. duration 40 minutes)? I.e. if we want to register a new user and let them test the solution, is it possible to add them with free license which would allow them only to have meetings up to 40 minutes? Also, if these free licenses are available for test users, is it possible to assign/dismiss them in the same way as paid licenses?

Many thanks!
/Nedzad

Hey @nedzad.hafizovic,

Thank you for your question. When creating a user via the Zoom Portal or Create a User API, you can choose to make them a basic user. With the API, this is done through the type parameter:

Here is an example of the web interface

I hope that helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

I understands that. But is it possible to make a user with free license an alternate host, so that they can start a meeting (40 minutes only)?

Thanks
/Nedzad

Hey @nedzad.hafizovic ,

Here are the prerequisites for the Alternative Host feature:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.