If I have free license users in my account, is it possible to make them hosts so they can have 40 minutes meetings?

Description
Hello. I have a zoom account where I have some licensed users while some use the free license. If I want to create a meeting using Zoom API POST users/me/meetings method, is it possible to add free license user as an alternative host so they can start a meeting. At the moment I get 400 Bad request if I try to do that. The idea is to give free users meetings limited to 40 minutes. This option really affects our business in general so I would appreciate any help or work around.

Thanks!

Error
N/A

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT App

Which Endpoint/s?
POST users/me/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Add free license user to alternative host while creating meeting.

Screenshots (If applicable)
N/A

Additional context
N/A

Hi @nedzad.hafizovic,

While this is a great suggestion, currently alternative hosts must be licensed users in order to be designated as an alternative host.

If you’re working with a limited number of licenses, you might consider reassigning licenses to certain users before/after meetings, in order to utilize hosts only when you need them.

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if you have questions about this.

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will!

Thanks. Also, is it possible to automatically buy licenses when we increase the number of our customers? If we get the number of users so that our solution scales up, how do we handle this. It would be impossible to manually add and change licenses among users in order to get it working.

This is really an issue for the entire business plan that we were have. There must be a way to handle this I assume since you must have experienced the same question.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing from you soon!

/Nedzad

Hey @nedzad.hafizovic,

Good question!

Regarding:

Also, is it possible to automatically buy licenses when we increase the number of our customers? If we get the number of users so that our solution scales up, how do we handle this. It would be impossible to manually add and change licenses among users in order to get it working.

Under our standard plans, it’s not possible to programmatically increase the number of licenses you have.

However, if you’re looking for an enterprise level plan that allows this kind of set up, I would recommend checking out our API Partner Plan:

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.